Cell Division Questions
1. How many sets of chromosomes does a human gamete have?
2. True or false? A gene is a section of DNA that codes for a specific protein
3. True or false? Mitosis produces four cells
4. Name the type of cell division that produces 2 genetically identical daughter cells
5. True or false? Meiosis produces genetically different cells
6. Fill in the blanks for the stages of mitosis:
Prophase | ? | Anaphase | ? |
7. What happens during anaphase?
8. Name the process where a cell divides to produce gametes
9. Where in the cell do we find genes?
10. In a cell, the chromosomes are found in pairs, this must mean that the cell is a:
A - A sperm cell
B - An egg cell
C - A body cell