EM Spectrum Answers
1. Here is a list of the main sections of the EM spectrum, Fill in the 3 missing sections.
Radio Waves | Microwaves | Infra-Red | Visible Light | Ultra Violet | X-Rays | Gamma Waves
2. Which wave from the EM spectrum has the longest wavelength?
3. Which wave from the EM spectrum is in sunlight and can cause damage to the eyes and burn the skin?
4. Which wave from the EM spectrum has the shortest wavelength?
5. Give an example of a household item that uses infra-red radiation.
Remote controllers, Toaster, Heat lamps
6. Give an example of a household item that uses radio waves.
7. Which wave is the most dangerous and is used to kill cancer cells?
8. Give one use of ultra-violet light.
Kill microbes, Used in black lights, tanning booths
9. Which type of electromagnetic radiation is used to sterilise food?
10. What type of electromagnetic radiation is used in mobile phones?