1. What is the name given to a small section of DNA that codes for a protein?
2. What is an allele?
A different form of the same gene
3. True or false? In humans, genes are found in pairs
4. State the female sex chromosomes
5. State the male sex chromosomes
6. True or false? Cystic fibrosis is a recessive disorder
7. What is the phenotype?
A set of observable characteristics of an organism
8. What is the name of the scientist that made discoveries about genetic inheritance by carrying out experiments using pea plants?
9. What does homozygous mean?
Two of the same alleles
10. What does heterozygous mean?
Two different alleles