1. What is a becquerel?
2. What is the half-life of a radioactive isotope?
3. Another substance has a half-life of 3 hours.
What fraction of the atoms will have decayed after 6 hours?
4. A radioactive substance activity falls from 8,000 counts per minute to 500 counts per minute in 20 hours. What is the half-life of the substance?
5. After the 3rd half-life, how much of the sample is left?
6. After the second half-life, how much of the sample is left?
7. What does the beta particle have a charge of?
8. If Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5,730 years, how old is a fossil if it has undergone 4 half-lives?.
9. If Carbon-12 has a half-life of 5,730 years, how old is a fossil if it has undergone 7half-lives?
10. An isotope has a half-life of 6 hours, what percentage of the isotope will be left after 24 hours?