1. A step-down transformer in a mobile phone charger converts 230 V mains into 5 V. The phone needs a current of 3 A when charging. What current is required from the mains?
2. How can you double the output voltage of a dynamo?
3. Why is it possible to convert a microphone into a loudspeaker?
4. What is the purpose of a split ring commutator ina dynamo?
5. What is another name for electromagnetic induction?
6. Electrical energy can be measured in?
7. Define the motor effect
8. Explain what is meant by an alternating voltage.
9. What does the term 'electromagnetic induction' mean?
10. What is the voltage of the mains electricity in UK houses?