1. What happens if you hold the north poles of two different magnets close to each other?
2. What happens if you hold a south pole and a north pole of two different magnets close to each other?
3. What is the cause of the earth magnetic field?
A - The movement of liquid iron in the Earth’s outer core.
B - The gravitational field of the Earth.
C- The permanent magnet in the Earth’s core.
4. State two magnetic materials.
5. Why is iron a suitable material for the core of a transformer?
6. What is a solenoid?
7. Give one example of a use for an electromagnet.
8. Give one example of a use for a permanent magnet.
9. Do the lines of a magnetic field travel from:
A - North to south
B - South to north
10. What is a tempory magnet?