1. What is the equation used to calculate momentum?
Momentum = mass x velocity
2. What are the units for momentum?
3. If a ball with a mass of 2 kilograms is moving at 8 metres per second, what is its momentum?
16 kg m/s
4. If an object with a mass of 27 kilograms is moving at 14 metres per second, what is its momentum?
378 kg m/s
5. True or false? change in momentum = force x time
6. What is the momentum of a 70 kg person running at 5 m/s?
350 kg m/s
7. A person is walking at 2 m/s and has a mass of 60 kg, what is their momentum?
120 kg m/s
8. What is the momentum of a 12 kg dog running at 4 m/s?
48 kg m/s
9. True or false? Momentum is a vector quantity
10. A 1400 kg car is travelling at 15m/s, what is its momentum?
210,000 kg m/s