Natural Cycles Answer
1. State a process which removes carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
2. State a process that releases oxygen into the atmosphere
3. True or false? Cold and dry conditions are the best for decomposition to occur
False, warm and moist conditions are the best for decomposition
4. What do nitrogen-fixing bacteria do?
Convert nitrogen gas into nitrogen ions
5. State a process that rereleases water vapour into the atmosphere
Transpiration by plants
6. What is meant by the term 'potable water'?
Water that is safe to drink
7. State a process that releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere
Burning fossil fuels, respiration, decomposition
8. Approximately how much (in per cent) of the atmosphere is made up by nitrogen
9. Which of the following substances contain nitrogen?
B - Proteins
10. What process has the biggest part in the water cycle?
A - Evaporation