Plant Disease Questions
1. Give an example of a physical barrier on a plant against infections
2. Give an example of a chemical barrier on a plant against infections
3. True or false? Mineral ions and water are absorbed through the roots of a plant
4. What type of pathogen is Chalara ash dieback?
5. True or false? nettles have evolved stings to prevent their leaves from being eaten
6. State whether thorns on a rose bush is a chemical or physical defence?
7. A shortage of magnesium mineral ions to a plant will result in...?
8. Define a pathogen
9. True or false? The tobacco mosaic virus infects the ribosomes
10. Foxgloves produce a toxic poison, is this a chemical or physical defence?