Power And Work Answers
1. What is the equation used to calculate power?
Work done / time
2. What are the units for power?
3. What are the units for work done?
4. What is the equation used to calculate work done?
Force x distance moved
5. What is the equation used to calculate kinetic energy?
0.5 x mass x velocity ^2
6. What would the work done be when a one-kilogram brick is carried up a ladder that is 15 metres tall?
7. How can we calculate gravitational potential energy on Earth?
mass × height × gravitational field strength (g)
Gravitational field strength is 10 on earth
8. If a motor does 500 J of work to lift a 100 N weight, how high was the weight lifted?
9. Define power
work done/time or rate of work done
10. How much work is done by a 12N force pushing a box 4 m across the floor?