Series & Parallel Questions
1. A resistor that can be changed without a change of temperature or light intensity is called what?
2. Two bulbs are connected in a series circuit. One of the bulb breaks, what will happen to the other bulb?
3. If the temperature of a thermistor is decreased, what will happen to the resistance of the thermistor?
4. What is the combined resistance of a 25 Ω and a 30 Ω resistor connected in series?
5. What is the combined resistance of a 2 Ω and a 3 Ω resistor connected in series?
6. What happens to the voltage in a parallel circuit?
A - It stays the same throughout
B - It splits up across each component
C - It splits across the branches
7. How do you calculate the total resistance in a series circuit?
8. Two bulbs are connected in parallel and one of them blows, what will happen to the other bulb?
9. When more lamps are connected in series, do they get:
A - Dimmer
B - Brighter
C - Stay the same
10. How do you calculate the total resistance for components in a circuit?